Moderno Porcelain Works is a fast-growing porcelain surfacing company made up of industry experts who are passionate about combining the finest, large format porcelain with the greatest in-house craftsmen to deliver high-quality surfaces and installation for our customers.
With our unique dynamic we are in search for a special type of person who shares our passion for growth and our customers- a Project Specialist.
The Project Specialist position is a key part of Moderno Porcelain Works. Project Specialists are responsible for lead follow up, project qualification, project estimating, proposal presentation, project management, and meeting and exceeding sales goals
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES MODERNO FROM OTHER SURFACING OR STONE COMPANIES?
1. We are 100% focused on large format porcelain panels (10′ x 5′).
2. We are a one-stop-shop for our clients – fabrication, installation and warranty.
Duties and responsibilities:
Qualify Incoming Leads
- Determine customer timeline, budgets, and desired outcomes during a Discovery Call
- Schedule appointments for site visits to conduct initial measurements for estimating
- Determine compatibility between customers desired Scope of Work and Moderno’s target market
Attend Site Appointment with Customers
- Verify customers desired scope of work.
- Photograph and document current job site conditions
- Measure and document all surface areas to be included in the scope of work
- Complete pre job checklists
- Set proper expectations for production and installation of project
- Accurately upload information and photos into company software
- Produce estimate based on requested scope of work that meets company’s minimum margin targets
Present to Customers
- Create proposal with clear Scope of Work
- Schedule and present proposals to customers
- Educate customers on proposed system features and benefits
- Negotiate all contracts with customers
- Answer client questions about scope of work, products, and availability and production schedules.
- Follow up with customers regularly regarding status of proposal, production timelines, or other items as needed.
- Prepare and submit signed sales contracts to company software
- Schedule and manage all pre job preparation work as needed
- Confirm details of onsite measurements prior to job start and work with production team to produce a layout/rendering if needed
- Get layouts/renderings approved by customers
- Order and manage all necessary job materials
- Manage and Coordinate the Installation Schedule
- Provide some on site supervision as needed
- Obtain deposits and balance of payment from customers
- Serve as point of contact for customer throughout the project.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and vendors.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to climb ladders and work at height
- Ability to lift 50lbs+ regularly
Indoor/Outdoor working conditions. Will also work from both a desk and mobile work environment.
This job is physically demanding. Project Specialists are required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, work outside frequently and do repetitive tasks with few breaks.